Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Heath Bar Blondies Recipe


I love blondies, and so when I saw this recipe, a blondie with heath bars I knew I had to try it.  And it was great!! If you a blondie lover, then give this a try!


Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9×9 baking pan. (You can use an 8×8; the blondies will just be slightly taller.)
Into a large mixing bowl, sift together: 1 c. all-purpose flour½ tsp baking powder1/8 tsp baking soda, and ½ tsp salt.
In a large bowl, beat together 1 c brown sugar with 1 stick melted butter. Add 1 large egg and ¼ tsp vanilla.
Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture along with 1 c. coarsely chopped Heath bars. (Add nuts if you feel so inspired, but don’t tell me about it. I hate nuts in cookies and brownies). Pour batter into pan.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool (if you have the patience) before cutting into squares.

3 comments:

  1. I just made a double batch and its in the oven now. My first time making blondies! Thanks for making the recipe so concise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it too (with chopped pecans, haha) and they came out delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband told me never to make these again because they were too addicting. I only had an 8x8 pan so they needed more time. They are gooey and sweet. I cut them into very small pieces because they were like candy. I had a bag of heath bar chips so my bars didn't have any chocolate which was fine since they were already so sweet. I'm going to try it with butterscotch chips next time.

    ReplyDelete