Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Cheeseburger Pie


This is a very old recipe given to me by a high school friend.  Her mother-in-law got the recipe from her mother.  It is a little different than most of the versions out there, but it is fabulous!!  Use a homemade pie crust if possible.  I have a good recipe here:http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8553229878094565111#editor/target=post;postID=153148735558023511


1 lb. ground beef
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 Cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 Cup green pepper diced

Brown meat; drain.  Stir in other ingredients.  Pour into pastry-lined pie pan and pour cheese topping over. --TOPPING:-- 1 egg 1/4 Cup. milk 1/2 tsp. prepared mustard 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce 2 Cups. cheese, shredded  Beat egg and milk.  Stir in seasonings and cheese.  Pour over meat.  Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.  

1 comment:

  1. I have made this several times now and my family (4 boys) love it! I followed the recipe exactly the first time but personally food it kind of sweet. Since then I have made it by increasing the ketchup and leaving out the barbecue sauce.

    Zia
    I found the best San Antonio Movers website

    ReplyDelete