I found this recipe on the Peppridge Farm website.
These are fantastic. If you are taking these to a potluck or dinner party you can assemble at home and then pop them into the oven when you get to your party. asparagus will be in season soon, so this would be a great appetizer for your next summer party!!
- 1 / 2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 3 tablespoons garlic & herb spreadable cheese, softened
- 4 slices prosciutto or thinly sliced deli ham
- 30 medium asparagus spears, trimmed
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Spread the cheese on the pastry sheet. Top with the proscuitto.
Cut the pastry sheet in half crosswise into 2 rectangles. Cut each into 15 strips, making 30 in all.
2. Wrap 1 pastry strip around each asparagus spear, prosciutto-side in. Place the pastries seam-side down onto 2 baking sheets.
3. Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.