Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Grandma Rosia Mable's Party Grape Salad





I guess I get my love of cooking from both sides of my family.  My grandma Rosia Mabel was a short little German woman who loved to cook and feed people.  She collected recipes by the dozens.  I can only imagine what she would think of the internet access to all things culinary.  The other side, my great-grandmother Hetchaw could throw a 8 course meal together in an hour.  She raised 8 children by herself, I don't know how she did it, but I'm glad she passed down the cooking gene to her daughter, my grandma Marge, and my mom Pat.  Don't know if my kids have the same passion!
My Mom and grandmother Marge  1958

1 ½ lbs red grapes (rinsed and dried) 
1 ½ lbs green grapes (rinsed and dried)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 oz. sour cream, stirred
¾ cup sugar 
1 tsp vanilla
Mix creams/sugar until sugar is dissolved. Then pour cream mixture over grapes and fold together. Spoon evenly into an serving dish.
Topping:
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 cup brown sugar
Mix pecans and sugar
Sprinkle/spread mixture on top of grapes. Refrigerate.
Great Grandmother Hetchaw in front row with my mom  about 1945
                                                     
Grandma Rosia, Me, and my mom  1972

No comments:

Post a Comment